Firefighters evacuated 162 residents in an Oklahoma City high rise apartment complex after smoke filled at least two floors Thursday morning.
Investigators say the fire at the McGuire Center building on N.E. 12th Street was the result of food burning in a kitchen on the 3rd or 4th floor.
As residents were forced out of the building around 3 a.m., they were directed into a building next door to escape the frigid winds.
One resident was taken to a hospital to be checked out after taking in too much smoke.
Firefighters did a sweep of the building before letting everyone back in around 5 a.m.