Oklahoma's law enforcement community is rallying around a Perry Police officer who lost everything in a fire Sunday morning.
Thirty-year-old Jeremy Gass went home early Sunday after working a 12-hour shift, only to find his rental house was burning down.
All of Gass' possessions burned in the fire, his dog died in the blaze as well.
Firefighters suspect a space heater is to blame. Area law enforcement agencies are already chipping in to help Gass.
"Great guy, couldn't ask for a more dedicated officer," Perry Police Chief Brian Thomas said.
An "Officer Gass Relief Fund" has been established at Exchange Bank in Perry.