City firefighters responded to the scene of an explosion and large fire at a home in southwest Oklahoma City, Thursday evening.
Crews with Oklahoma Natural Gas were called to the area approximately 25 to 30 minutes before the explosion to investigate the smell of natural gas.
Emergency responders have evacuated the area of SW 92nd St. and Villa while firefighters work to contain the blaze and crews with ONG seal off a leak from a 2 inch medium pressure gas line.
Firefighters were called to the scene of the home, located at 9208 SW 92nd St., right around 5 p.m. Thursday.
The homeowner, Kate Purcell, who was inside the home at the time of the explosion, was treated at the scene, but remarkably refused to be transported to the hospital. According to reports, an ONG worker managed to pull Purcell from the home as it exploded.
American Red Cross volunteers are also on scene, helping provide drinks and snacks to between 50 and 70 first responders.
According to emergency management reports, four or five families have been impacted by the explosion. Volunteers will make sure they have a place to stay and put them up in hotels if need be. However, they say an evacuation center is not needed at this time.