NW OKC Duplex Fire Started By Smoldering Ashes In Trash Can


Sunday, March 17th 2013, 3:12 pm
By: News 9


Firefighters have contained a blaze at a duplex in northwest Oklahoma City Sunday afternoon.

Just before 2 p.m. Sunday, crews responded to a fully-involved fire at a duplex, located in the 7700 block of Dorris Drive in Oklahoma City.

Firefighters are able to get the fire under control.

News 9 spoke with the brother of a resident. He said a friend of the resident's son was grilling steaks on a small grill in the bed of his pickup truck. The friend threw the smoldering ashes from the grill into a trash can, which caught on fire and the fire spread to the home.

No injuries have been reported.

A News 9 crew is at the scene. Stay with us for updates.