A stranger performs a heroic act on Sunday when he saves a woman from her burning home.
The woman was trapped on the second floor of her home in the 1600 block of S.W. 66th Street when the fire started. When firefighters arrived, they saw the woman had already been rescued.
"A passerby had come by and gone in the house and rescued the lady who lived there," said Scott Vanhorn with the Oklahoma City Fire Department. "She was sitting on the curb and he was in the yard."
Vanhorn said the Good Samaritan left before anyone could thank him or see if he needed medical help.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire was due to a faulty extension cord. The piles of papers and boxes stacked throughout the woman's home also made it difficult for firefighters to put out the flames.