GRAPHIC: Man Who Stabbed Dog In The Face Still On The Run

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 4:46 pm
By: News 9

The man who allegedly stabbed a dog in the face here in the metro is still on the run.

News 9 first told you about this story a month ago. It happened at 42nd and Western in the shop yard at Beck's Automotive.

The good news is the dog, Lucy, is doing well, but still no one has been arrested for the crime. On Wednesday, News 9 got received new surveillance video of the suspect inside the bar across the street. The folks here hope someone will recognize him and call police.

"She seems like she's almost made a full recovery. You can hardly see the scar on her face anymore," Becks Automotive employee Brian Russell said.

Lucy is back guarding the property she was trying to protect that night. On Aug. 2, a man who allegedly tried to break in next door jumped the fence and stabbed Lucy. A blood trail led across the street to Sipango, where employees say the man lunged at them with a knife.

8/2/2013 Related Story: GRAPHIC: Dog Stabbed In Face Trying to Protect Property In OKC

"He was shirtless, had blood on him. We had called the police. He jumped into a minivan. They kind of circled around the area for a while and parked across the street at Nova," Sipango owner Pat Hyde said.

Police took the man into custody, but at the time, they didn't know he'd stabbed Lucy. The owner found her hours later, and by then, police reports show this man had already been released.

"I'd like this guy to be found and I'd like him to be prosecuted," Russell said.

News 9 obtained new video Wednesday of the man inside Sipango earlier that night. He was one of the last customers inside. Surveillance video shows it was about 20 minutes later when he came back with the knife. Lucy's owners are hoping this guy is behind bars soon.

"What's going to happen if this guy gets drunk again or is on some medication or illegal drugs and decides to do this to a human?" Russell said.

A month ago, investigators took blood samples from the scene. On Wednesday, all police said is that they're still trying to interview witnesses, and their investigation is ongoing.