Girl Suffers Serious Burns In Purcell Fire


Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 8:49 am
By: News 9


A child is hospitalized Wednesday after being badly burned in a house fire in Purcell.

Around 2 a.m., a neighbor noticed a fire at the family's home on S. Canadian Street. That person rushed to the house to help the parents and their three girls. All five family members were asleep and didn't know their home was on fire.

The family made it out, but one of the children suffered burns on 60 percent of her body. The other members of the family suffered from smoke inhalation. Everyone is in the hospital receiving treatment. The girls were taken by medical helicopter to a hospital in Dallas.

Firefighters say the fire started in the living room, but they don't know yet what sparked it. They also aren't sure if there were working smoke detectors in the house.

The fire caused significant damage and the house is a complete loss.