Members of OU's Alpha Gamma Delta sorority were rushed out of their sorority house Tuesday night after it caught fire. It happened just after 11 p.m. near Lindsey Street and Chautauqua Avenue, not far from the OU campus.
Classes for the spring semester at the University of Oklahoma started Monday and its certainly been a rough start to the new year for the women of Alpha Gamma Delta.
All of the members who live here are staying elsewhere after that fire broke out just before 11 Tuesday night. Norman fire officials say it took crews from almost all of its stations to knock it down.
The fire started in the attic and was contained pretty quickly. Around 61 women inside the sorority house got out safely and waited in the frigid temps while firefighters fought this one from the inside.
The house mother was able to contact the women who weren't home at the time of the fire and instructed them to go to another sorority house nearby.
The fire Marshall was also at the scene and will likely rule later Wednesday the cause of this fire.