A man was injured and two puppies were killed in a house fire in southwest Oklahoma City, late Thursday night.
According to the fire department, at about 11:30 p.m., crews responded a fire at a home located in the 4000 block of S.W. 25th.
One man was inside the home when it caught on fire. He has been transported to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and burns.
There were five dachshund puppies inside. Three puppies were rescued from the house that was full of smoke. Firefighters used oxygen masks on the surviving puppies to treat them at the scene.
According to fire officials, there was no power or gas connected to the house. The man was putting gasoline into a generator when it ignited, causing the house to catch fire.
No other injuries were reported.