Cigarette sets apartment ablaze


Saturday, January 12th 2008, 10:05 am
By: News 9


NEWS 9

An apartment fire sent one person to the hospital and created quite a disruption at this elderly housing apartment complex.

Authorities say the fire started because of a cigarette and only one apartment was damaged.

"We're still in the process of ventilating floors, a few more rooms," firefighter battalion Chief Glen Clark said. "Right now we are in a process assisting the occupants back to the apartments."

And firefighters say that if you're going to smoke, dispose of it properly, and they say not to smoke if you're sleepy.