Get off the couch tips
Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 6:30 pm
By: News 9
Everyone knows that exercise is good for you, but not everyone wants to do it. To get you motivated the Metro Fitness Challenge has five ‘Get off the Couch Tips.'
- Sit on an exercise ball while watching TV
- This has many benefits, first it works your core muscles, it also forces proper spin alignment and it improves your balance.
- Perform Dyna-band exercises while watching TV
- Dyna-bands are used for resistance training and can help build up your muscles.
- Vacuum or dust during the commercials
- Vacuuming can burn up to 95 calories an hour.
- Re-arrange the furniture
- Moving around furniture for just 10 minutes can burn up to 90 calories.
- If the dog is overweight then you probably are too - walk the dog.
- It's good for Fido and you!