Dino's Veggie Quesadillas
6 whole grain flour tortillas
1-8 ounce bag grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 sweet red pepper, sliced
Herbs de Provence
1/2 sweet yellow pepper, sliced
Olive oil or other cooking oil
1 small onion, chopped
Sea salt or regular salt to taste
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Pour a thin layer of oil in a skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add peppers, onion, and sliced mushrooms. Sauté' by stirring frequently 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are desired doneness. (For crisp vegetables, cook for a short period of time. Longer cooking time will result in softer vegetables.)
2. Season with Herbs de Provence to taste. (Add 1/4 teaspoon at a time--a little goes a long way)
3. Remove vegetables to a plate, and place a tortilla in the skillet. Layer the ingredients on the tortilla as follows: cheese--vegetables--a little salt if desired--more cheese--another tortilla.
4. Cook for about 1 minute, turn, then cook another minute or until cheese is melted.
5. Transfer quesadilla to a warm plate and repeat process until desired number of quesadillas are prepared. It may be necessary to add a few drops of oil to the skillet as quesadillas are prepared.
6. Cut quesadillas in halves or quarters.
6 Servings (1/2 quesadilla equals one serving)
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Carbohydrate: 30 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 546 grams
Fiber: 1 gram