1 can (15.5 ounces) butter beans, drained and rinsed1/4 cup egg substitute
1 container (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, quartered
1 jar (28 ounces) light pasta sauce
14 uncooked manicotti shells
1 cup Italian blend cheese
1. In a blender or food processor combine beans and egg substitute until smooth. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Blend until well combined.
2. Add garlic and onion, process until chopped.
3. Spread 1/3 of the pasta sauce in a 9-x 13-inch baking dish.
4. Fill pasta shells with cheese mixture and place in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce evenly over shells. Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 24 to help pasta soften.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered 45 minutes, uncover, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven approximately 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
307 calories, 42g carbohydrate, 25g protein, 5.2g fat
2.2g saturated fat, 14mg cholesterol, 4.7g dietary fiber, 827mg sodium
Adapted recipe by Rachel Cly, RD/LD Email questions to: email@example.com