Haven't gotten paid?

Wednesday, March 19th 2008, 7:44 pm
By: News 9

Occasionally I'll get calls from people who haven't gotten a paycheck.  This is the first time a 15 YEAR OLD has called saying he's in the same boat! 

What's unfortunate about this situation, is if the teen wants to get his money back, it's going to cost him.  Even though the Dept. of Labor has ruled in Michael's favor - enforcing it sometimes takes more.  Michael would have to file the order in small claims court in the county where his employer is based.  And that can cost anywhere from 125-200 dollars.  This is something the Dept. of Labor has asked the legislature about.  They even say it seems unfair that someone who's owed money, would have to pay money to get it!  Hopefully, this is something that will get changed.

In the meantime, if you find yourself in a Wage dispute, you should file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor. 
Here's their main link to their website:  http://www.labor.ok.gov/
And here's a link to the Wage Claim Form:  http://www.labor.ok.gov/wh/WHWageClaimForm200710.pdf