Nadia Comaneci's Salata' de Vinete
Wednesday, May 28th 2008, 1:39 pm
By: News 9
1 large eggplant (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lite mayonnaise (not fat free)
1 medium white onion, diced
salt, to taste
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Prick eggplant skin in several places with a sharp knife. Place on a baking sheet in oven.
- 3. Bake eggplant, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and let eggplant cool to room temperature.
- 4. Remove and discard the skin. Chop the cooked eggplant on a cutting board and place in a bowl. Do not chop too finely--you should still be able to feel the texture of the eggplant.
- 5. While stirring, drizzle in olive oil gradually until well blended.
- 6. Stir in lite mayonnaise until blended, then stir in diced onion. Add salt to taste.
- 7. Serve with melba toast.
12 Servings (about 1/4 cup each)
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories: 80 Carbohydrate: 5 grams Protein: 1 gram
Fat: 8 grams Sodium: 131 Fiber: 2 grams