1 store-bought pie crust, unbaked 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1 large potato, peeled and cut into small pieces 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium onion, finely chopped 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups frozen, mixed vegetables 1- 12 oz. can chicken breast, don't drain
1- 14 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In large bowl mix together potato, onion, mixed vegetables, sage and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, mix flour with a small amount of the broth. Pour remainder of broth in with the vegetables.
4. Add the flour & broth mixture and the chicken, mixing all together.
5. Pour all into a square or round 2 quart glass baking dish sprayed with cooking oil spray.
6. Place pie crust on top, folding under edges to cover the filling. Cut 4-5 slits in the dough.
7. Bake 60-70 minutes or until pie crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. (If pie crust browns too quickly, oven temperature may be lowered to 350 degrees to allow filling to cook completely).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Carbohydrate: 28 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 471 mg
Fiber: 3 grams
Chicken Pot Pie
Applesauce Sprinkled with Cinnamon