Man dies in curtain-caused blaze, firefighters say


Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 8:24 am
By: News 9


NEWS 9

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. -- John Coleman, 79, has died after a late night fire in Midwest City, authorities said.

Officials said the blaze started in the living room in Coleman's home at 131 Lilac Lane. The curtains appeared to have caught on fire after being hung too close to a lamp, fire officials said.

Coleman reportedly died of smoke inhalation.

It's unclear if anyone else was home at the time of the fire, but there were no other injuries reported.