Game of the Week Preview: Muskogee at Owasso
Thursday, September 4th 2008, 6:06 pm
By: News 9
By Kyle Dierking, for News9.com
2007 RECORD: 8-2
- FEATURED: Senior Jacques Washington rushed for 1,755 yards and 14 touchdowns while catching a pair of touchdowns tosses last season. Washington's brother, Kingjack, is a former Ram stand-out and now plays at Missouri State.
- MUSKOGEE SAYS: "Last year at the start of the season Jacques wasn't a great tailback - he was a good one just because he was talented. By the end of the season he was a great tailback and I expect him to be one of the top ones in the state this season." - Roughers Coach Matt Hennesy
- KEY TO SUCCESS: "The thing we're emphasizing this week is the importance of the kicking game. The team that plays the most disciplined in all three phases - especially the kicking game - has the best chance to come out on top. I know they're going to challenge us in the kicking game with a lot of different looks in certain situations and we've worked hard through the spring and summer preparing for those." - Rams Coach Bill Patterson
2007 RECORD: 9-4
- FEATURED: Senior Vernon Scott only rushed for 138 yards and one touchdown before his season was cut short by a torn meniscus in his left knee. Division-I schools are giving Scott looks at both running back and defensive back.
- OWASSO SAYS: "I think right now they're trying to find themselves from an identity standpoint. They've been doing a little bit of everything judging from what they've been doing in the scrimmage. I know it's going to be a challenge and I know they have a few wrinkles they have not shown yet." - Rams Coach Bill Patterson
- KEY TO SUCCESS: "The main thing is we have to be able to tackle Jacques Washington. If we can't tackle him then we're in trouble. If he hits a crease he's gone." - Roughers Coach Matt Hennesy