1. In a large slow cooker, combine mushrooms, onions, broth, tomato paste, garlic salt, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf.
2. Add chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 7-8 hours or high-heat setting for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a warm platter and discard bay leaf.
5. From cooker, skim fat from liquid.
6. Measure 2 cups of cooking liquid (add chicken broth if needed to make 2 cups total liquid) and pour all but 1/4 cup into medium saucepan.
7. In a small bowl, stir remaining 1/4 cup broth into flour and add back while stirring into liquid in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly and continue to cook and stir 1 minute longer.
8. Use thickened liquid over the chicken as a sauce
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 300, Carbohydrate: 9 grams, Protein: 43 grams, Fat: 9 grams, Sodium: 550mg, Fiber: 1 gram