Furniture store, man's livelihood lost in blaze


Sunday, November 9th 2008, 10:25 pm
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Fire officials investigating a blaze that consumed a furniture store Saturday night said a homeless person may be to blame.

Officials said a person was burning copper wire behind the store at 4412 S High Avenue when the flames spread to the building.

Charles Henderson not only owned the furniture store but also lived there. Fire officials said the building is a total loss leaving Henderson with no choice but to start over.

"Ten years of hard work down the tubes I guess. That's all I had right here, right here. That's my whole life," Henderson said.

No one was inside the building during the blaze.