Walking with Dinosaurs Official Rules
Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 11:02 am
- The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age who reside in the NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of NEWS 9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
- No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
- By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree
(a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects;
(b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law;
(c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions;
(d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s);
(e) and to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
- Contest officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion.
(a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize;
(b) disclaim any implied warranty and
(c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
- Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
- NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
- Walking with Dinosaurs: Participants may enter the Walking with Dinosaurs Contest by completing an entry form on News9.com. Entries must include participant’s name, phone number and e-mail address. Entries must be received by News9.com by 5:00pm on January 1, 2008.
- Winners of any other NEWS 9 contest within the 30 days prior to January 1, 2008 will not be eligible to win the Walking with Dinosaurs Family 4 Pack of Tickets.
- One prize will be awarded. Prize will consist of a Family 4 Pack of tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs. Prize may be claimed at NEWS 9 Business Office during regular business hours.