4 3/4 inch thick boneless pork chops
11/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 -8 oz sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
4 small red new potatoes, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 large Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, core removed, and sliced
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup low salt chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
3 tablespoons Frangelico or hazelnut flavored liqueur (optional)
1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium high heat; add chops and sauté until brown about 3 minutes for each side.
3. Transfer pork to plate, cover and keep warm.
4. Add potatoes and onion to skillet; reduce heat to medium, sauté until onion slices are golden, about 7 minutes.
5. Mix in apples, cinnamon, and salt and pepper.
6. Add pork chops back to the bottom of skillet among the vegetables.
7. Add broth, liqueur (optional) and chopped rosemary.
8. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until pork and vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrate: 50 grams
Protein: 38 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 442 mg
Fiber: 7 grams
Menu Suggestion: Pork Chop with potatoes and apple
* This recipe also works well in Dutch oven on a cook out with the family.
* Chicken breasts may be substituted for the pork chops.