2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pound of 95% lean ground beef
3 sticks reduced fat string cheese, cut each into 4 pieces
1 cup reduced fat cheddar or Jack cheese, grated
12 dinner rolls
1 1/4 cups ketchup
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 cups grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 cups cherry tomatoes
Optional: Sliced pickles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil and pour the olive oil onto pan. Tilt pan to coat the bottom with oil. Set aside.
2. Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. Divide equally into 12 meatballs. Place meatballs on prepared sheet pan.
4. Insert 1 piece of string cheese in the center of each meatball, reshaping the meatball if necessary.
5. Place in preheated oven, bake 15-20 minutes.
6. While meatballs are baking, combine all sauce ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high in microwave oven for 30 seconds. Stir and heat another 10-15 seconds. Remove from microwave and set aside.
7. Cut dinner rolls in half and toast them in toaster.
8. Place each meatball on bottom half of a toasted dinner roll, ladle with sauce, and garnish with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Add pickles, if desired.
9. Replace top half of roll and serve.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 1 Slider
Carbohydrate: 25 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 720 mg
Fiber: 1 gram
Menu Suggestion: Meatball Slider with Garnish
Oven Fried Potatoes