Metro Woman Wakes to House on Fire


Sunday, April 19th 2009, 7:31 pm

By: News 9


NEWS 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A metro woman's house caught on fire Sunday while she was sleeping.

The flames started just before 9 a.m. when fire crews were called to the scene. The homeowner tried to put the flames out with a garden house, but the kitchen and living room are a total loss.

Firefighters say things could have been much worse.

"She's really lucky because there is a smoke detector at the house, but its laying on the shelf with the battery not connected on it," Oklahoma City Fire Department District Chief Larry Rusher said.

Rusher says that's a good reminder to check your smoke detector, and you can ask your local fire department for help free of charge.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News 9 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

April 19th, 2009

July 20th, 2022

August 31st, 2021

August 13th, 2021

Top Headlines

September 30th, 2022

September 30th, 2022

September 30th, 2022

September 30th, 2022