1 slice American Cheese
1 large tortilla
1. Spray large skillet or counter-top grill with cooking spray and heat skillet or grill.
2. Crack eggs in small bowl, mix well and add to hot skillet or grill.
3. Stir eggs over hot surface with spatula to allow the eggs to cook thoroughly.
4. When eggs are almost cooked, move eggs to one side of skillet or grill and place tortilla flat on other side of skillet or grill; after a few seconds, flip tortilla with spatula so both sides are and warm and tortilla is soft.
5. Remove warm tortilla and place flat on plate.
6. With spatula, remove 1/2 of cooked eggs from skillet or grill and place eggs slightly off center of tortilla.
7. Place American cheese on top of eggs then layer the other 1/2 of cooked eggs on top of cheese to allow the cheese to melt into eggs.
8. Wrap tortilla around egg and cheese mixture "burrito style"
9. Top with salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrate: 27 grams
Protein: 20.5 grams
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 670 mg
Fiber: 1 gram
Menu suggestion: Sadie's Breakfast Egg Burrito
Sliced green peppers or carrot sticks
Cranberry Juice or Juice of choice
*If you prefer spicy egg burrito, add Pepper Jack Cheese, instead of American Cheese, with sliced jalapenos and chopped onions to eggs before rolling in tortilla; add salsa to taste.
*If eating breakfast on the run, wrap egg burrito in foil.