2 lbs of ground beef
½1 pound of sliced mushrooms
1 large onion
1. Begin by dividing your ground beef into 8 parts. Roll each part into a ball.
2. Place the balls on a plate one at a time. Using another plate, gently press down to make an evenly flat patty.
3. Place the patties on the grill, flat top, or skillet. Cook until the patties are at least 155 degrees.
4. While the patties are cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Once melted, rotate the pan to evenly coat with butter. Add the mushrooms first, then the onions and sauté together until soft. While the onions and mushrooms sauté, sprinkle with seasoned salt.
5. Be sure to heat up your BBQ sauce on the stove or in the microwave.
6. Using a cooked patty, lay it on the flat top (or grill) and place a spoon full of BBQ sauce on it. Then add the onions and mushrooms. The last addition is one slice of jack cheese.
7. If you are using a grill, close the lid for a couple of minutes to let the cheese melt and seal all of the toppings inside.
8. If you are using a flat top or skillet, sprinkle a small amount of water on the flat top around the patty. Place a metal bowl over the top of the patty for a minute or two (depending on the heat), this will also melt the cheese and seal the toppings inside!
9. Place your perfectly topped Smokehouse patty between 2 pieces of bread and ENJOY!