4 Jumbo or, 8 large, shrimp
2 garlic cloves, slivered
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup cooked penne pasta
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon course ground pepper
1/2 cup white wine of choice, or broth
small bunch of basil, fresh, cut into ribbon sized pieces
1. In a large skillet, heat on medium heat, 1 tablespoon of olive oil with slivered garlic cloves until garlic is browned (be careful to not burn garlic) to flavor the oil.
2. Add shrimp to skillet that has been deveined, cleaned and tail removed.
3. Add dash of salt and pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and white wine or broth to shrimp.
4. Next add cooked pasta and another dash of salt and pepper.
5. To cut basil into ribbon size, stack the basil leaves and roll together tightly. Carefully slice across the roll into multiple slivers then add basil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet.
6. Continue cooking about 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turns light pink.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 348, Carbohydrate: 17 grams, Protein: 15 grams, Fat: 18 grams, Sodium: 748 mg, Fiber: trace
Menu suggestion: Summer shrimp sauté'
Roasted vegetables with prosciutto
Crusty French bread
Fruit in season
*Chicken may be substituted for shrimp.
*Recipe works well with smaller size shrimp, too.