Two People Burned In Oklahoma City Mobile Home Fire


Friday, November 5th 2010, 5:48 pm
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Firefighters said an exploding propane stove started a huge fire and injured two people in northeast Oklahoma City near Frontier City.

No one lived in the mobile home on N. Coltrane Road near N. I-35 Service Road. The owners, a couple in their 60s or 70s, were inside Friday to do some remodeling work. Fire crews said they decided to turn on the propane stove. When they did, it blew up.

Both the man and woman received first and second-degree burns. They were taken to a local hospital where both are listed in good condition.

The Oklahoma City Fire Chief said this should serve as a warning to other people as the weather turns colder.  People make sure all heating devices are in good condition, and people may want to hire an expert to turn on certain devices.