1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cups light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup half and half
1 uncooked pie crust, Pillsbury
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, salt, and spices. Add the eggs and the two milks and mix thoroughly.
3. Put the pie shell in the oven for about 5 minutes to set the bottom.
4. Remove it and pour in the filling and bake for 10 minutes more at 425, then reduce heat to 350 and continue baking until it does not jiggle in the middle. (about 30 minutes-but depending on each oven it could be longer). If the edge of the crust browns too fast, make a little collar of aluminum foil and place around it.
5. Serve with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon.