Thursday, November 18th 2010, 3:33 pm
By: News 9
One package Porte Bella Mushrooms from Sam's Club (or buy two to 3 smaller ones at your normal grocer)
3 small yellow onions or 3/4 of a big one
2 Stalks celery
3 Roma tomatoes
2 Cloves of minced garlic
2 Tbsp of coconut butter (usually located on the baking isle, top shelf with the coconut milk)
Basil to taste
Oregano to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic cloves and chop up the onion & celery stalks. Sauté' in 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil until transparent.
- Dice up the Roma tomatoes and fresh Basil(yum!) BTW, Basil is a great herb that looks pretty and grows well in flower beds. So next spring, toss in a few basil leaves and enjoy their yummy flavor all season long!!!
- Cook one cup of brown rice. ***Warning: don't forget about your rice or you will end up with crunchy rice and your husband MIGHT think he just broke a tooth or something:)
- Gently wash and pull out the stems from the PortaBella Mushrooms. Lay Dry mushrooms flat side down on a non-stick baking pan.
- Mix in Rice, Tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt & pepper
- Taste this amazing combination of flavors and try to stop yourself from eating all the stuffing before you can use it!
- Spoon in heaping amounts of the mixture into the mushrooms
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until filling is brown.