OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City Fire Department was called to investigate a fire at the Science Museum Oklahoma near NE 50th and Martin Luther King Avenue at about 11:40 a.m.
When firefighters arrived, they found roofing material next to the building on fire. There were propane tanks nearby, so a hazardous materials unit was called to the scene as well.
At one point, a pop off valve on one of the propane tanks blew, and flames could be seen shooting up several feet. Firefighters were able to put out the fire with no apparent damage to the museum.
There were no injuries.
Storm water quality responders were called to check out whether any water was contaminated by the burned roofing materials.