50 Year Old Home Burns In Spencer


Friday, November 26th 2010, 11:52 am
By: News 9


News9.com

SPENCER, Oklahoma -- A local family will have to find another place to live, at least for awhile, after their home was ruined from a house fire Thanksgiving night.

A woman said she returned home just after 5 p.m. to her home near N.E. 26th Street and Post Road and found it filling up with smoke. She called 911 and when fire crews arrived, they found flames shooting out of the roof.

No one was inside at the time.

Firefighters have yet to determine an exact cause of the fire.

"This is awfully hard any time you have a house fire, but it's especially hard on Thanksgiving, getting close to Christmas," Spencer Fire Chief Jeff Hale said.

The woman said she was renting the home from a family friend and that the house is more than 50 years old.