Family Who Lost Home In Fire Need Helping Hand


Friday, December 10th 2010, 6:11 pm
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Oklahoma City family who lost all of their belongings when their home burned down December 7 needs a helping hand.

Five people made it out safely when the early morning fire broke out. Firefighters say a space heater placed too close to curtains is to blame.

Single mother Diane Sloat along with her four teenagers and grandbaby are getting the opportunity to move into another home, but the family still needs all the basic necessities.

If you'd like to help the Sloat family, their close friend Taffy Neece is organizing a donation drive. Email her at taffyneece@yahoo.com or call her at (405) 606-2506.

More: OKC Family Loses Everything In Early Morning House Fire