New Laws Protect Consumers While Moving
Wednesday, December 15th 2010, 6:37 pm
By: News 9
OKLAHOMA CITY -- New laws for moving companies are meant to protect Oklahomans from getting ripped off.
Among the items of note in the new regulations:
- All household goods movers must provide the consumer with a written estimate
- All household goods movers must provide the consumer with the Commission's "Moving in Oklahoma" brochure
- All advertising must include the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) number of the company
- Intra-city moves are now included in the regulations
- All household goods movers must get a certificate from the Oklahoma Corporation Commission
A listing of all authorized household goods movers in Oklahoma is also available through the through the OCC web site: www.occeweb.com, and clicking on "Household goods movers" link under "Hot Topics."