Family Of 5 Escape Early Morning House Fire In OKC


Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 9:37 am
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A family of five escaped an early-morning house fire with no injuries.

Firefighters said the blaze at S.W. 68th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue started when the fire the family had been burning in its fireplace spread to the attic.

OKC Fire Chief Chris Jackson said faulty insulation in the fire place is likely the cause. Jackson said this fire is a reminder for people to have furnaces and fireplaces inspected by professionals.