Orange-Scented Green Beans
Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 12:42 pm
By: News 9
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp freshly grated orange zest
1/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Instructions to Toast Almonds:
- Place in a small dry skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned (approx. 2-4 minutes)
Instructions for Green Beans:
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, add 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Put green beans in the basket and steam until tender (about 6 minutes).
- Toss the green beans in a large bowl with oil, orange zest, salt, pepper and almonds.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 cup):
Total Fat: 4g
Sodium: 147 mg
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Protein: 3 g