INGREDIENTS: Yield: 1 Sandwich
1 Ciabatta roll or foccacia
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 slices fresh mozzarella
3 fresh basil leaves
2 sundried tomatoes
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet or Panini press on medium high heat.
2. Cut onion in half and slice.
3. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and pesto sauce. Stir well.
4. Place1 tablespoon of pesto mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
5. Add the fresh mozzarella, basil leaves and sundried tomatoes.
6. Place pieces of bread together and brush oil from pesto sauce on both sides of the bread.
7. Add to hot skillet (place brick covered with foil on top of sandwich) or in Panini press and cook till toasty and cheese is melted through.