Fireplace To Blame For House Fire In Slaughterville


Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:04 am
By: News 9


News9.com

SLAUGHTERVILLE, Oklahoma – Smoke detectors helped a Slaughterville family escape a fire in their home early Monday morning.

Investigators said the fire started in the fireplace.

Three adults were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Two children were at the home at the time of the fire as well but were unharmed.

Neighbors said one person was injured when he went back for the three dogs. The homeowner's brother said all of the dogs died in the fire.

Due to the fact that volunteer firefighters service the area of the fire, water had to be trucked in from about four miles away, according to firefighters on the scene.

The structure is a total loss.