Cigarette May Be To Blame For OKC House Fire


Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:09 am
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A cigarette may be the cause of a house fire in southeast Oklahoma City early Sunday morning.

Firefighters were called to a house in the 2900 block of southeast 97th around 3:30 a.m.

They worked fast to put the flames out, saving most of the house from the fire. Crews found a discarded cigarette next to the bed in the master bedroom.

"At the time we were called, we did have a report that someone may be left in the house, but when we got here, we got reports that everyone was out," said OKC Fire District Chief Tony Davis.

There were six people inside the home at the time of the fire but no injuries were reported.