1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup rice
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp Cumin (optional)
1 tsp Chili Powder (optional)
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1. Place oil in bottom of the crockpot.
2. Add rice and swirl in the oil to coat.
3. Rinse beans together in a colander then add to the crockpot.
4. Add 2 cups water to the top of the mixture.
5. Add optional seasonings to your liking.
6. Stir all ingredients together then cover with crockpot lid.
7. Cook on high (3-4 hours) or low (6 hours).
8. Meal is done when rice is tender.
HINT: Great to use with shredded chicken on tortillas. Add sausage or ground beef as an additional meal option. This is a very versatile recipe!
Nutrition Facts per Serving (without meat)
* Calories: 258
* Protein: 7.7g
* Carbohydrates: 47.9g
* Fiber: 6.4g
* Total Sugars: 4.2g
* Total Fat: 4g
* Cholesterol: 0mg
Cook: 3-4 hours on High
Cook: 6 hours on Low