WEWOKA, Oklahoma -- Two more people could face charges related to the case of a 22-year-old woman who died after overdosing on a legal drug during a party in Konawa.
Investigators say Stacy Jewell of Ada died after ingesting a hallucinogenic drug known as "2C-E." Several other partygoers also took the drug, became ill and were hospitalized.
According to an affidavit, 20-year-old Cody Weddle admitted to buying "2C-E" over the internet and distributing it. Although the drug is not illegal, Oklahoma law makes it illegal to possess or distribute any substance that mimics effects of a banned substance.
Weddle is being held without bond in Pontotoc County.
Police now say two more people could be charged in the case. Investigators plan to speak to U.S. attorneys Wednesday to determine if charges can be filed.
More: Man Allegedly Responsible For Deadly Drug Party Appears In Court