Originally Published: Nov 7, 2009 12:4 PM CDT
Saturday morning, 9:42am, I'm experiencing hyperventilation. The ESPN is out in my hotel room. It has been all morning. No ESPN GameDay. Panic is setting in. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE LIKE THIS! FOR THE LOVE OF KNUTE ROCKNE....SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!! This has got to be a practical joke pulled off by some radical Huskers fan.
Pre-Nebraska kickoff tidbits to chew on as I wait for my ride to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
- I was listening to a Nebraska sports radio station on my way to dinner last night. Every one of them is picking Oklahoma to win this game. Interesting.
- Coolest moment of the trip up Friday...when we got of the buses at the team hotel the Sooners were greeted by a nice throng of supporters. All the players high-fived the fans as they made their way through the lobby. But Sam Bradford stopped and took pictures with whoever wanted. The fan favorite, however....Gerald McCoy. GK loves a crowd. He's an entertainer at heart.
- I just can't see Nebraska marching the field on the OU defense. I think if the Sooners don't gift wrap points, they'll win.
- Barry Switzer and several Sooner legends of yesteryear were on the team flight up. Nebraska is going to honor legends of the rivalry tonight at halftime. When Switzer walks into a room the energy level automatically picks up. Similar to Gerald McCoy.
- Cheesecake Factory cheesecake recommendation: Adam's peanut butter fudge ripple! (you can thank me later)
- Nebraska's strength coach's name is James Dobson. Ha! Not a bad idea.
- Saturday will mark Nebraska's 303rd-straight sellout at Memorial Stadium. The last game not sold-out....November, 3, 1962! Wow.
- Still no ESPN in the hotel room! I'm off to find a paper bag! I CAN'T BREATH!