Originally Published: Jan 8, 2010 8:52 AM CDT
I'm thrilled the Tide Rolled to a National Championship victory over Texas last night, but I must say this. That Alabama team is the worst title team the sport has produced in the BCS era. An average quarterback at best and a fairly pedestrian offense. In fact, here are my Top 5 Worst Championship Teams of the BCS.
5) Tee Martin's Tennessee Volunteers of 1998.
4) 2003 LSU. The team that beat OU in the Sugar Bowl. They were lucky they played at home.
3) Ohio State 2002. Another average quarterback. And they got a huge lucky call to beat Miami.
2) LSU 2007. Our only two-loss National Champion.
1) Alabama 2009. This was just a rotten year for college football.