Originally Published: Dec 4, 2010 12:4 PM CDT
We are closing in on kickoff at Cowboys Stadium. It should be a fun and historic night as Oklahoma and Nebraska meet for the final Big 12 Championship. Im very intrigued to see the atmosphere tonight. On my drive down to the Metroplex Friday I saw tons of Nebraska fans on I-35. This could resemble an OU-Texas scene with half the stadium going crazy on every play. The 2006 Big 12 Title Game meeting between the Sooners and Huskers was not as wild because it was so cold. Everyone was just trying to stay alive. Tonight, theyll be cozy in JerryWorld and everybody is a little grumpy. This could be fun in the parking lot and on the field.
- Speculation continues to swirl that Kevin Wilson will be named the next head coach at Indiana. I have not talked to Wilson in the last couple of days, but the rumors make sense. He knows that part of the country well and even though Indiana doesnt have a great football tradition, it has a big-time athletic department. Plus its in the Big 10. Wilson has to take that job if its indeed offered.
- OU has been remarkably disciplined over the second half of the season...especially considering the number of plays they run. The Sooners are averaging only 4.1 penalties per game over their last eight games.
- Key number tonight = 200. Nebraska is 10-0 this season when they rush for over 200 yards. They are 0-2 when they are held below 200 yards rushing. The Huskers are averaging 269 yards per game on the ground. Thats best in the Big 12 and #8 in the nation.
- Check out this remarkable stat...Nebraska has scored 51 touchdowns this season. The Huskers average length of touchdown play is 31 yards! Wow!
- Opponents are completing only 48.7% of passes against the Nebraska secondary. Thats the second lowest in the nation.
Prediction: I think with Taylor Martinez less than 100% its going to be difficult for Nebraska to move the ball on the Sooners. OU will move the ball, but the key is to get points in the red zone. OU wins 33-17.