OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett joined the News 9 This Morning team Wednesday to share his ideas for staying cool during Oklahoma's sweltering summer.
Top Ten Ways To Beat the Heat in OKC:
10. Moments ago I authorized a covert operation to steal wind turbines from Weatherford so we can turn them into the world's biggest oscillating fans.
9. If you get dehydrated, Braum's will hook you up to its new frozen yogurt IV for free!
8. Every city council meeting now starts off with a water balloon fight
7. Chileno's is offering free frozen margaritas for a year to anyone who can offer any information leading to the arrest of the person who stole Lake Hefner.
6. That's not rain. It's the fire department squirting water from the top of the Devon Tower.
5. Southwest Airlines has a new promotion. You can now hang your head out the window while flying.
4. Come see me at the new city hall (formerly known as White Water).
3. City attorneys say it's okay to sue Gary England every time we hit triple digit temps.
2. Sonic has agreed to fill the Bricktown canal with cherry slush.
1. My new weight loss plan: "Sweatin' to the Okies."