Crockpot Beans And Rice
Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 2:19 pm
By: News 9
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup rice
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp Cumin (optional)
1 tsp Chili Powder (optional)
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Place oil in bottom of the crockpot.
- Add rice and swirl in the oil to coat.
- Rinse beans together in a colander then add to the crockpot.
- Add 2 cups water to the top of the mixture.
- Add optional seasonings to your liking.
- Stir all ingredients together then cover with crockpot lid.
- Cook on high (3-4 hours) or low (6 hours).
- Meal is done when rice is tender.
HINT: Great to use with shredded chicken on tortillas. Add sausage or ground beef as an additional meal option. This is a very versatile recipe!