Deanne Stein and Adrianna Iwasinski, News 9
BETHANY, Oklahoma -- Two teenagers who police say overdosed on "locoweed" are listed in good condition.
Bethany Police were called to 4208 Donald in Bethany after a parent called them saying their teenager had ingested the plant and was acting crazy and out of control. The parent feared others may have ingested it as well.
Turns out a total of two teens had reportedly ingested the plant. They are listed in good condition.
Police have arrested 19-year-old Skylar Nigus who reportedly supplied the teens with the locoweed. He is accused of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and contributing to the delinquency of a minor
Locoweed is a wild plant that grows primarily in the Western half of the United States. It's any plant that produces swainsonine, a phytotoxin harmful to livestock.