Warr Acres Woman Saves Paralyzed Husband From House Fire


Friday, August 19th 2011, 8:13 am
By: News 9


News9.com

WARR ACRES, Oklahoma -- A woman rushed to get her quadriplegic husband out of the house when the couple's home caught fire late Thursday night.

Smoke began to fill the house in the 5600 block of Norman Road just after 11:30 p.m. The woman and her husband were in bed at the time. She raced to get herself and her husband out of the house. Keith Jones calls his wife a hero.

"I'm laying in bed, obviously I'm quadriplegic," said Jones. "There was nothing I could do. My wife... my wife did all she could do. She's the hero in this. She helped me get out of the house under extreme circumstances. And I may even owe her my life."

Firefighters quickly put out the fire. They say it was started by some food accidentally left on the stove. Most of the damage was contained to the kitchen.

The couple does not have any insurance. The American Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.