UNDATED – Oklahoma children are eager to celebrate Halloween and fill their bags with candy. News 9 has compiled a list of trick-or-treat nights for metro cities.
Trick or treating on Saturday, October 29, 2011:
Trick or treating on Monday, October 31, 2011:
Several cities have also planned family-friendly Halloween events. Check with your city for more details, dates and times.
While kids will be consumed with getting as much candy as possible, parents will be concerned about keeping them safe. The American Red Cross offers the following tips to keep young superheroes, goblins and zombies safe as they trick or treat:
1. Map out a route so kids will know how to find their way home
2. Bring flashlights
3. When trick or treating at a stranger's house, accept treats at the door. Do not go inside.
4. Use face paint instead of masks. Masks cover children's eyes and impair their sight.
5. Children should wear light-colored clothing and reflective tape so they can be seen in the dark.
6. Walk on the sidewalks, not in the street.
7. Look both ways before crossing the street.
8. Avoid open flames because wigs, capes and costumes can be flammable.
9. Only visit homes with the porch light on.