Pumpkin Toffee Whoopie Pies
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
• 1 cup canola oil
• 1 1/2 cans pumpkin puree
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla paste
• Fluff Filling:
• 1/2 block of cream cheese
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
• 2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 1 Jar (7.5oz) Marshmallow Fluff
• Toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to F 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugars and oil together. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk to combine thoroughly. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined. Combine flour mixture over the pumpkin mixture and whisk until completely combined.
3. Using a large or small ice cream scoop to place onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the whoopie's are firm on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a whoopie comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the whoopie's cool.
5. To make fluff filling:
6. In a medium bowl with mixer at low speed, beat butter and cream cheese until mixed. Beat in Marshmallow Fluff. Add confections sugar until mixed. Spread onto 1/2 of the whoopie pie. Top with the other 1/2 and roll side in toffee bits.